It is easy to care for your silk:
* Always better to wash Silk by hand, rather than in the machine.
* Use a Detergent suitable for Silk
* Use a laundry mesh bag to stop damage by friction
* Dry Silk flat away from direct sunlight.
A Note on Detergents
Use a detergent which is specifically suitable for Silk.
Detergents specially formulated for Silk do not have bleaches or optical brighteners which will damage the Silk.
We are highly recommend Tenestar Silk detergent.
* Washing by hand will prolong the life of your silk pillowcases and silk hair wraps and is the gentlest way to clean your silk.
* Fill it with water that is cool or lukewarm to the touch.
* Take a capful of non-bio liquid detergent suitable for silk and swirl in the water.
* Silk dries quickly and is best left to air-dry away from direct sunlight.
* Your Silk can be ironed on a low heat to bring back their smooth lustre.
Washing Silk in the Washing Machine:
* Washing your silk in the washing machine according to the following instructions will help keep it looking desirable for years.
* Use a mesh laundry bag for the silk
* Do ensure that you wash similar colours together
* Use a low temperature (max 30 degrees) on a gentle cycle.
* Silk dries quickly so air-dry your silk pillowcases, keeping them out of direct sunlight.
* They can be ironed on the cool setting whilst still a little damp on the reverse to restore them to their gleaming glory.
As with any protein fibres, Silk will occasionally benefit from conditioning. This will bring back its natural lustre and drape.
Distilled White Vinegar Method:
Add half a mug of distilled white vinegar to a bucket of water (use a capful for a sink of water) and leave the Silk to soak for an hour or so. Then wash or rinse as usual.